Close view of part of Lyveden New Bield, Peterborough, Northamptonshire. The structure was started in 1594 as a garden lodge but remained uncompleted on the death of its owner Sir Thomas Tresham in 1605. The building is two storeys high and built in the shape of a cross, with details and decoration typical of Elizabethan symbolism and Catholicism.
Lyveden New Bield
NTPL Ref. No.