The mahogany pulpit in the Chapel, begun in 1760 to the design of James Paine, at Gibside, Newcastle upon Tyne. The pulpit is an unusual three-tier design, with the sounding board above which helps to direct the speaker's voice in the shape of an opened umbrella. The interior was not completed until 1812.
NTPL Ref. No.
Yorkshire & North East