Tunnel leading to the parade ground and gun emplacements at the Needles Old Battery. The Needles Old Battery is a Palmerstonian Fort built from 1861-1863 following the threat of a French invasion and was designed to protect the approaches to the Needles Passage. This spectacularly sited fort contains exhibitions about its military history including its involvement in World War II.
The Needles Old Battery
NTPL Ref. No.