Oil painting on canvas. The Augur after Salvator Rosa (Arenella, Naples 1615 - Rome 1673), 17th century. The Augur stands on a rock at the right, watched by five figures; he points up with his right hand towards a blasted tree at the left. A copy after a lost painting which was engraved by Goupy when in possession of Viscount Coke in 1747. CMS_PCF_608965
NTPL Ref. No.