Oil painting on canvas. New Court, St John's College, Cambridge by Richard Bankes Harraden (1778 - Cambridge 1862). New Court seen framed through tall trees on either side, from across a lawn. Various figures in gowns on the lawn and on the paths, and on the right, two figures of gardeners sweeping the path. New Court (1826-1831) by Rickman and Hutchinson. St John's College was founded in 1511 by Lady Margaret Beaufort and replaced the 13th century Hospital of St John. CMS_PCF_515832
NTPL Ref. No.